Martindale-Hubbell 'AV' Rated Attorney
Rob Vargas practices statewide in the areas of complex commercial litigation, business torts, real property litigation and eminent domain. Rob advises local and national clients on a variety of business disputes, including trade secrets, confidentiality agreements, non-compete agreements, business contracts, tortious interference and breaches of fiduciary duties. He also advises property owners throughout Florida in all eminent domain related proceedings. He practices before Florida State and federal courts at the trial and appellate levels.
Rob is consistently recognized as a Florida Super Lawyer by Super Lawyers Magazine, as a Top Lawyer by the South Florida Legal Guide, and holds an AV Preeminent Rating from Martindale-Hubbell, awarded to only those lawyers with the highest ethical standards and legal ability. Additionally, Rob has been named a Top Lawyer of 2018 by Palm Beach Illustrated. He is actively involved in various industry and community organizations, serving as the former President of Home Safe, Inc., as a Fellow of the Florida Bar Foundation, and an emeritus member of the Craig S. Barnard American Inns of Court. Rob is a 2006 graduate of the Leadership Palm Beach County (LPBC) Engage Program, designed to unite and educate the county’s most promising leaders. He has since held leadership roles within the organization, including previously serving on LPBC’s Board of Governors and as a former Chair of LPBC’s Grow program. Rob has also served as Chair of The Florida Bar's Standing Committee on Professionalism and as a member of the Civil Procedure Rules Committee and Rules of Judicial Administration Committee. Rob is a member of the Association of Eminent Domain Professionals and currently serves on the Florida Bar’s Eminent Domain Committee.
- Represented principals of high-tech start-up company in billion dollar dispute over alleged theft of trade secrets and breaches of fiduciary duties.
- Represented a national law firm in legal malpractice claim regarding an international exchange of corporate shares.
- Represented developers of dietary supplements in federal court and before the American Arbitration Association in a multi-million dollar dispute over royalties against international dietary supplement retailer.
- Represented former officers of a Florida utility company in action for breach of fiduciary duties, tortious interference, misappropriation/theft of trade secrets, unfair competition, and commercial bribery filed by their former employer.
- Fernandez v. Florida A & G, Co., et al. 2015 Fla. App. Lexis 14875 (Fla. 3d DCA 2015)
- Royal Palm Corporate Center Associates, Ltd. v. PNC Bank N.A., 89 So.3d 923 (Fla. 4th DCA 2012)
- Branscombe v. Jupiter Harbour, LLC, 76 So.3d 942 (Fla. 4th DCA 2011)
- Florida Lifestyles Homes of Volusia County, Inc. v. National City Bank, 59 So.3d 1152 (Fla. 5th DCA 2011)
- Bevins v. Antuna, 68 So.3d 420 (Fla. 4th DCA 2011)
- Lentin v. General Electric Capital Assurance Co., 259 Fed. Appx. 167 (11th Cir. 2007)
- Pioneer Metals, Inc. v. Univar USA, Inc., 168 Fed. Appx. 335 (11th Cir. 2006)
- M&M Realty Partners, LLC v. Mazzoni, 228 So.3d 571 (Fla. 4th DCA 2017)
- East Okeechobee Palm, LLC et al. v. Kellam et al., 637 Fed. Appx. 568 (11th Cir. 2016)