The Palm Beach County Bar Association, President, 2014-2015
Martindale-Hubbell 'AV' Rated Attorney
Theo Kypreos, a member of the Firm's Board of Directors, practices in the areas of probate and trust litigation, trust and estate administration, guardianship law, and fiduciary litigation. As an experienced trial and appellate attorney, Theo represents corporate and individual fiduciaries, individual heirs and beneficiaries, and charitable institutions and beneficiaries. Theo advises clients in a broad range of probate, trust, and guardianship matters including will and trust contests, breach of trust actions, trustee removal and accounting actions, will and trust reformation and modification proceedings, contested guardianships, elective share proceedings, Florida homestead disputes, exploitation and tortious interference litigation, and matters relating to probate creditors’ claims.
Theo is a frequent lecturer for The Florida Bar and the Palm Beach County Bar Association on topics related to probate, trust and guardianship law. He is consistently recognized by peer and industry publications, including Best Lawyers in America, Super Lawyer, and Florida Trend Magazine. Additionally, Theo is listed as a Top Lawyer of 2018 by Palm Beach Illustrated and holds an AV Preeminent Rating from Martindale-Hubbell, awarded to only those lawyers with the highest ethical standards and legal ability.
Theo served as the 2014-2015 President of the Palm Beach County Bar Association and is an active member within various industry and community organizations. He currently serves on the Executive Council for the Florida Bar Real Property, Probate and Trust Law section and as Co-Chair of the Florida Probate Rules Committee. Theo is a Trustee and former Board Member for the Chamber of Commerce of the Palm Beaches and Past-President of the University of Florida’s Law Alumni Council.
- Represented testator’s children at trial and in appellate proceedings in successfully invalidating purported last will and testament on grounds of testator’s incapacity and undue influence exerted by testator’s surviving spouse.
- Represented testator’s daughter and attorney-in-fact at trial and in appellate proceedings in successfully defending claims of breach of trust and breach of fiduciary duty associated with the administration of the testator’s revocable trust.
- Represented successor trustee in appellate proceedings before the Fourth District Court of Appeals and the Florida Supreme Court in trust litigation concerning the ownership of $1.5 million of corporately-held real estate.
- Represented corporate trustee in breach of trust litigation concerning the administration of trust with in excess of $100 million of assets.
- Represented personal representative at trial in successfully defending the validity of the decedent’s Last Will and Testament against claims of undue influence and lack of testamentary capacity.