Michael Gore, a member of the Firm’s Litigation, Business & Corporate, and Employment Law practice groups, has extensive experience representing clients in the areas of construction, employment, and securities law. He develops targeted and practical solutions for his clients. His litigation experience adds an additional element to the guidance he provides in any transactional work; having the benefit of learning certain pitfalls revealed in litigation.
Mr. Gore develops and implements strategies in complex litigation matters, understanding that each client and case presents unique challenges and opportunities. He regularly assists clients in developing preventative measures designed to reduce or avoid disputes, including construction and employment contract review and drafting, conducting employment practices audits, and drafting employment policies and handbooks in accordance with state and federal employment laws. Mr. Gore also uses his unique experience working in the Investor Protection Bureau at the New York State Attorney General’s Office to advise clients with complex and ever-changing securities laws and regulations. Mr. Gore has represented issuers of securities, brokerage firms, and investors.
Mr. Gore is an active member of the Claims and Litigation Management Alliance, the largest association of professionals in the claims resolution and litigation management industries. He is a candidate for an LL.M. in Securities & Financial Regulation at Georgetown University Law Center and earned his law degree from New York Law School. Notably, Mr. Gore co-authored "Expert Witnesses," Florida Construction & Practice, 8th Ed., (FL Bar, 2015) and “Trial Preparation,” Florida Construction Law & Practice, 9th Ed., (FL Bar, 2018). As a result of his community service, Mr. Gore has been awarded the Silver Pro Bono Award from the Supreme Court of Florida in conjunction with the Florida Pro Bono Coordinators Association.
- Non-Competition: Defeated preliminary injunction attempt and obtained favorable “walk away” settlement of non-compete matter for client in telecommunications industry.
- Wage & Hour: Successfully defended overtime claim against employer by way of employee’s voluntary dismissal.
- Executive Separation Agreements: Represented and advised global conglomerate on termination of executive level employees; negotiated separation and release agreements.
- Employment Policy Drafting/Formulation: Worked with corporate clients to formulate and adopt written employment policies and handbooks in accordance with state and federal employment laws.
- Employment Law Compliance Training: Customized and presented on-site training for management level employees to ensure compliance with state and federal employment laws.
- Disability Discrimination and Retaliation: Defeated summary judgment attempt by Fortune 500 company on federal and state discrimination and retaliation claims in federal court.
- Construction Defect Cases: Involved in numerous complex litigation matters including high-rise/multi-family projects, public construction projects, and single family dwellings.
- Bid Protest: Successfully protested $6.5 million bid on a public work project.
- Securities Law Violations: During the height of the financial crisis in 2008, investigated and helped prosecute the largest firms on Wall Street.